From the Executive Director: October 2023
October is All About SFPA Membership!
SFPA Continues to Grow!
The secret’s out: The Southern Forest Products Association is the community to join in 2023! Our 10 newest members join a record-breaking 33 new members in 2023! Meet those new members here:
- Messersmith Biomass Wood Boiler Systems
- Nelson Bros
- Precision Husky Corp.
- SCAN~LINK Technologies
- Southmark Forest Products
- Woodland Parts & Service
Do you know someone – either a lumber manufacturer or company that supports the Southern Pine lumber community – who would benefit from SFPA membership as much as you? Send them our way by clicking here.
Are You an SFPA Member?
Since 1915, SFPA has remained focused on its founding motto – Service. Through strategic programs and activities, SFPA continues to serve its members and build awareness about the many advantages of Southern Pine lumber.
The success of any organization depends on the feedback and participation of its members. And by joining SFPA, your company will take an important first step in moving our industry forward.
If you’ve been on the fence about joining SFPA, now is the time! As I mentioned above, 31 new organizations see the value, so what are you waiting for?
As a refresher, our four corner member benefit areas are:
- Networking: Domestic and international
- Resources: Technical and business development
- Intelligence: Industry and buyer
- Recognition: Safety and brand
I’m also excited to introduce a few expanded member value adds coming in 2024, which include, but are not limited to:
- Meet a Member
- Meet a Professional
- Marketing Webinars
- Guest Perspectives (provided by our members!)
Check out our newest membership brochure by clicking here, then get started with your new member application by clicking here.
Have more questions before making it official? Schedule a call to review all our benefits with SFPA Communications Manager Christian Moises by clicking here!
2024 Membership Renewals
The SFPA Board of Directors and staff want to thank all our members for your support. As a member you know the value you receive, and we’re continuing to add to that value this year and beyond, as mentioned above and in this month’s issue of Lumber Shorts-Members Only.
SFPA can’t advance the Southern Pine lumber community without your continued support, so keep an eye out for 2024 renewal invoices (which will include our new member benefits guidebook) by email November 1 and by mail starting November 6!
I’d be remiss if I didn’t ask you to update your contact information and key category! We’re updating our membership database to ensure we have the right contacts for the right functions, and we need your help.
We’re also asking you to select the appropriate category for your company operations to ensure we communicate the right information and events to the right people so you get the resources you need.
You can update your information by clicking here (thanks to those members who have already done so!).
Southern Pine Global Promotion Activities
SFPA is always somewhere in the world promoting the benefits and best use of Southern Pine.
We’re ending the year strong, having participated in the following activities, many with allied wood associations, including APA – the Engineered Wood Association and the Softwood Export Council through the American Softwoods brand. As a reminder, member companies have access to the activity reports and contacts received. Here’s a summary of activities we’ve participated in this past year:
- DelhiWood in Greater Noida, India (March 2-5)
- Dubai WoodShow in Dubai (March 2-5)
- Monterrey Workshop in Monterrey, Mexico (May 8-12)
- Philippine International Furniture Show in Manila, Philippines (March 9-11)
- Interzum in Cologne Germany (May 9-12)
- Interzum in Guangzhou, China (March 28-31)
- ConstruEXPO in the Dominican Republic (May 19-21)
- Expo Construccion y Diseno in Bogota, Colombia (May 30 – June 4)
- BATEV 2023 in Buenos Aires, Argentina (June 28 – July 1)
- Techno Mueble in Guadalajara, Mexico (August 16-19)
- Southern Pine seminars in the Bahamas and Cayman Islands (September 5-7)
- IMEXFOR Annual Meeting in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico (September 27-29)
- VietnamWood Show in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (September 20-23)
- Southern Pine seminar in Bangkok, Thailand
Did you know the Southern Forest Products Association receives more than $1 million annually from the USDA to support Southern Pine lumber market development in overseas markets, specifically at international wood events?
USDA funds provided to SFPA under the Foreign Market Development Program and Market Access Program are targeted for the generic promotion of U.S. Southern Pine lumber and forest products. When marketing domestic softwood lumber and engineered wood products, products are promoted generically under the AMSO banner.
And we still have one to go: Taipei Building & Construction Show in Taipei, Taiwan, from December 7-10.
We’re in the process of building our international event schedule for 2024, which could include some new shows, such as the Saudi Expo in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, from September 2-4, 2024, so standby!
Return To Archive