Will SFPA See You At These International Wood Events in 2023?
Did you know the Southern Forest Products Association receives more than $1 million annually from the USDA to support Southern Pine lumber market development in overseas markets, specifically at international wood events?
USDA funds provided to American Softwoods (AMSO) cooperators under the Foreign Market Development Program and Market Access Program are targeted for the generic promotion of U.S. forest products. When marketing domestic softwood lumber and engineered wood products, products are promoted generically under the AMSO banner.
SFPA’s International Program, supported by those USDA funds, has operated for more than 35 years, providing benefits to companies involved in export market. A primary benefit of the program includes representation at major trade events and member travel reimbursement for approved activities. More than 16 events are planned for 2023, and these sponsored trade events provide participating companies a place to connect with prospective buyers.
Other benefits include:
- Developing programs and activities each year to increase exports of Southern Pine lumber in multiple countries.
- Partnering with other wood groups to increase exports of wood products.
- Monitoring exports globally and connect participants with proper authorities to handle their export constraints, such as phytosanitary certificates, restraints on lumber entering a country, etc.
- Activity assessments to gauge performance and identify market trends.
- Submitting programs and activities to FAS for annual approval through the United Export Strategy program (UES).
- Monitoring the program activities for compliance with the approved UES and within approved funding levels.
- Contracting with consultants to execute the programs and activities.
DelhiWood | Greater Noida, India
March 2-5, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: April 29 – March 6
Dubai WoodShow | Dubai, UAE
March 2-5, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: February 27 – March 6
Interzum – Cologne | Cologne, Germany
May 9-12, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: May 7-13
Interzum – Guangzhou | Guangzhou, China
March 28-31, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: March 25 – April 1
ConstruEXPO | Dominican Republic
May 19-21, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: May 17-22
Expo Construccion y Diseno | Bogota, Colombia
May 30 – June 4, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: May 28 – June 5
Sylva Wood | Shanghai, China – RESCHEDULED To 2024
June 27-29, 2024
Batev 2023 | Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 28 – July 1, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: June 25 – July 2
Techno Mueble | Guadalajara, Mexico
August 16-19, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: August 14-20
VietnamWood | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
September 20-23, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: September 17-24
IMEXFOR Annual Meeting | Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
September 27-29, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: September 25-30
Mumbai Wood | Mumbai, India
October 12-14, 2023
Due to previously arranged staffing commitments, it is not possible to staff and coordinate an exhibit at Mumbai Wood 2023. Consequently, a decision has been made not to participate in Mumbai Wood 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and regret not being able to provide this trade promotion opportunity.
Taipei Bldg. & Construction Show | Taipei, Taiwan
December 7-10, 2023 | Reimbursable Travel Dates: December 4-11
Have questions? Contact us today at [email protected].
Return To Archive