SFPA, SEC Seeks European-based Consultant for 3 Markets
The Southern Forest Products Association (SFPA) and Softwood Export Council (SEC) are seeking proposals for a European-based independent contractor to provide marketing and promotional services on behalf of SFPA and SEC. The contractor will represent US softwood lumber in throughout the European continent, including Great Britain; the Middle East and Northern African region; and India.
• A knowledge of softwood lumber, and/or international trade is preferred.
• Self-starter, motivated and confident in ability to perform duties with minimal direction using his/her initiative.
• Keen observation skills, with an eye for detail in writing and reviewing trade show and vendor contracts.
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects/event management at the same time.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• A fact-based mindset to proactively seek, calmly plan, and problem solve – finding quick and effective solutions to unexpected challenges.
• A good command of the English language and grammar.
• A lively writing style.
• Working knowledge of marketing techniques. Previous experience of managing or working with PR agencies is desired.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and similar software.
• Knowledge of French/Spanish or other languages is desired, but not essential.
• Liaison with European importers and potential importers. Networking with a diverse range of members, representatives, U.S. ATO and Embassy officials in each region.
• Liaison with the Timber Trade Federation, the Timber Decking and Cladding Association ,and the Forestry Commission.
• Reporting market information and intelligence as required.
• Develop succinctly written and/or analytical reports.
• Provide insight on trade policy/market access issues.
• Maintain an updated list of lumber importers for each region.
• Develop marketing plans and strategy for new regions/territories.
• Undertaking tasks as requested by SFPA/SEC.
• International travel, as required, for the performance of the above; often on weekends and/or outside usual business hours.
• Trade show activity such as preparation, liaison, set-up and break down.
• Develop and lead presentations and seminars.
• Manage collateral marketing (publications, websites, etc.).
• Attend SFPA/SEC meetings and member events.
The consultant is retained to provide the retainer services to SFPA/SEC on a non-exclusive basis a minimum of five (5) days per month or forty (40) hours at USD $2,800; and any additional time as SFPA/SEC may determine is reasonably necessary to perform the services to the standards required. All authorized travel expenses shall be reimbursed by SFPA/SEC.
Send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]. Application deadline is May 8, 2023.
Return To Archive