SFPA conducts a worldwide product promotion program, within the market areas listed below. Refer to the Staff Page for names and contact information.
- Structural Applications – SFPA’s Lumber Library of publications is the industry’s leading source of non-commercial Southern Pine product information. Span tables, design values, treated lumber information, specification guidelines — it’s all here. When it comes to building codes and standards, SFPA works in cooperation with the American Wood Council to deliver the latest information available. All content is conveniently available online, serving building professionals 24 hours a day.
- Decks & Porches – Lifestyle advantages of these outdoor amenities are often cross-promoted along with raised wood floor foundations. “Green” attributes of natural Southern Pine decking are also emphasized. For the building professional and advanced DIYer, SFPA maintains a dedicated website: SouthernPineDecks.com.
- Raised Wood Floors For more than a decade, SFPA has worked to convert production builders and developers from concrete slab-on-grade to raised wood floor foundations, adding a third more lumber volume to the typical framing package. With funding from the Softwood Lumber Board, SFPA has worked with Home Innovation Research Labs to educate builders about properly building closed crawlspaces, helping them reduce costs and improve energy efficiency. SFPA delivers construction details for homeowners and building professional using publications and a dedicated website: RaisedFloorLiving.com.
- Marine Construction Marinas, docks, bulkheads and light vehicular bridges are traditional markets for treated Southern Pine, in fresh water, brackish and salt water. Online information plus distribution of SFPA’s Marine Construction Manual provides the latest design and construction details to marine designers and contractors.
- Specialty & Industrial Products – Online information promotes the beauty and durability of Southern Pine specialty patterns for flooring, siding, ceilings, stairs and paneling. Publications include SFPA’s Guide to Southern Pine Flooring and Southern Pine Patterns. SFPA serves industrial markets with information for pallet and crate producers. SFPA’s online Product Locator connects member suppliers with customers.
- International Trade Promotion – SFPA’s global reach extends into Europe, Japan, China, Korea and Southeast Asia, Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America, South America, the Middle East, India and South Africa. As a USDA Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) cooperator, SFPA receives funding to support export promotions. Under the Southern Pine Council banner, SFPA and SLMA exporting member companies are listed within the online Exporter Directory. For more information, visit: SouthernPineGlobal.com.
Additional Activities – SFPA partners with allied groups to promote wood products as the preferred building material, avoiding program duplication. SFPA maintains close relationships with industry associations representing key customer groups such as retail dealers, builders and treaters, as well as state forestry organizations throughout the South.
- SFPA provides AIA-approved online courses for members to help educate their customers.
- With funding from the Softwood Lumber Board, SFPA coordinates appearances and participates at key industry trade shows.
- For 2015, SFPA plans to exhibit along with other wood associations at JLC Live and DeckExpo.